I've had May 1 circled on my calendar for months. It was so far away when I first got a contract to write Flash!
But now, the day has arrived! And Flash *should technically* be on shelves around the country today!
15 Second Video of Rachel and Flash It's Here!
Don't call me, I'll be visiting ALL the bookstores personally, just to check! And I'll be sure to turn the cover so Flash is facing OUT!
"So how does it feel?" everyone is asking me.
Well....it feels surreal and wonderful, and just a little like I might need a paper bag to breathe into. Excuse me while I put my head down for a minute, everything got blurry just now.
Some amazing things have happened already:
Whaaat? It's an incredible honor to be on this list. I really can't believe I'm seeing Flash's face right there in the #8 spot. Flash you're so adorable!
But, to me the best part is the fact that real people are reading it. People are laughing with me at my entertaining stories, and they are crying with me through my tough spots.
People are already sharing Flash with their friends and loved ones.
And that means the world to me.
On this spectacular May 1st, would you celebrate with me?
Would you cheer for all the middle-aged women with dusty dreams, who give it one more try?
Would you give a "Woo Hoo!" for all the heartaches that are worked through, the rough patches that give way, and the relationships that are mended along the way?
Would you say "Hooray!" for people who encourage others, who believe the best, and who are always there for you?
Would you give thanks for all the times you didn't think you'd make it...and then you did?
Today, I'm celebrating the book release, and I'm celebrating all the people around me who have helped make it possible. My husband and kids, my team at Tyndale, and you: my wonderful, beautiful blog readers.
Thank you. It's a huge team effort, and we made it to this day.
There is still a long way to go.
Now, it's all about getting the word out.
If you would like to help, here are some ways you can do it!
1. Well, buy the book of course! If just each person in the U.S. would buy it, that would be like, 300,000,000 copies! Dusting off my dreams has gotten out of control, obviously.
2. Share the book! So many readers have already said they are gifting copies to their special people. I LOVE THAT SO MUCH! Get one to keep and one to give.
3. Spread the word! Don't hide his little donkey-light under a bushel! Let others know about FlashTheDonkey.com. Share his book trailer, follow Flash on Twitter and Facebook. Hey, bray in public for no particular reason! Why not?
4. Ask for Flash. Request that your local bookstore carry it! Support the brick-and-mortar book businesses.
5. Sign up for the webcast, with Priscilla Shirer and Me, which will air on May 5 at 7PM CST. It's all about finding God in our everyday moments, and also you'll get some free gifts, PLUS a chance to meet Flash and me in person!!
So, how about I give away a signed book?? I'm giving TWO copies away over at Priscilla Shirer's blog, Going Beyond today!
Pop over there and say hello - and leave a comment there for your chance to win one! I simply can't wait for you to read it!
Hugs and confetti all around!!!