Today's Small Thing is to do some sporking of your own. Actually, you'll get to take the rest of this week to work on this one, because it will take a little bit of creativity.
The idea is this: see how many ways can you combine tasks to be more productive, and save time and money. It's not so much multi-tasking as it is pre-planning.
Here's what I mean.
- Do you find yourself running errands almost every single day? Plan just one or two errand days and combine your jaunts to make fewer trips.
- Maybe you could chop vegetables for tonight's meal AND tomorrow's meal. Great combo.
- Make scouring your sink part of finishing up dishes. Really, it takes less than a minute.
- Do you exercise by taking walks? I don't, but if I did, I would download a book, scripture or sermon onto my ipod to combine improving my health with getting smarter.
- Teach your children to combine playing with picking up. This is the best kind of spork EVER.
Feel free to share your ideas! Help us spork!
Song of the Day: You Got Me, Colbie Caillat