Someone was really thinking when they came up with the idea of a spork. It's the eating utensil that combines the spearing capability of a fork with the scooping capability of a spoon. The darling of airline food service, backpackers, and Kentucky Fried Chicken (oh sorry, "KFC"), the spork is a model of efficiency and cost savings.
Today's Small Thing is to do some sporking of your own. Actually, you'll get to take the rest of this week to work on this one, because it will take a little bit of creativity.
The idea is this: see how many ways can you combine tasks to be more productive, and save time and money. It's not so much multi-tasking as it is pre-planning.
Here's what I mean.
- Do you find yourself running errands almost every single day? Plan just one or two errand days and combine your jaunts to make fewer trips.
- Maybe you could chop vegetables for tonight's meal AND tomorrow's meal. Great combo.
- Make scouring your sink part of finishing up dishes. Really, it takes less than a minute.
- Do you exercise by taking walks? I don't, but if I did, I would download a book, scripture or sermon onto my ipod to combine improving my health with getting smarter.
- Teach your children to combine playing with picking up. This is the best kind of spork EVER.
Combine discipline with love, good food with good conversation, cleaning with music, and napping with a soft pillow. Schoolwork with encouragement, chores with rewards, and picking up with straightening. Your man might even like to try sporking with you, but I'll let you figure that one out.
POINTS: 50 for using at least three ways to spork this week!
Feel free to share your ideas! Help us spork!
Song of the Day: You Got Me, Colbie Caillat