"I hate it when I get an itch under my bun," she remarked.
"Oh, me too!" I said, not looking up. I made a motion like I was scratching my derriere. "It's such an embarrassing spot."
I glanced up at her and saw that she had stopped what she was doing, dropped her hands to her sides and was standing there, looking at me with a deadpan expression, her head tilted and eyebrows up. Picture it, people.
"No. I meant an itch. Under my BUN!" Meghan then turned around so I could see her HAIR, IN A BUN, ON HER HEAD. She pointedly pointed to it.
Oh, your BUN!!! I thought you meant your....other bun! The lower one.
We about died laughing - and still do, every time we hear the word, "bun." It's so great.
Today, let's have some fun with buns. There are so many types of bun-things in this world that you just can't help but think that there might be some fun to be had with them. Let's brainstorm.
(Note to New Company Girls: we don't take ourselves very seriously around here, ya might as well know that right up front.)
1. You've got your Bottom Buns, obviously. These could be sat upon, waxed, tanned or exercised. They could also be tastefully shown off...but I only encourage that if you can back it up with some action with your man. Ahem.
2. Next, you got your Hair Buns. Have you tried putting your tendrils into a feminine little up-do? Hey, for CG points, you might want to look into it.
3. Sticky Buns - these are the yummy kind you eat. Why not share some with someone? What a super easy way to earn points. And satisfying.
4. Bread Buns - my family loves it when I pull out the frozen rolls, defrost them carefully in the microwave and bake them to go with dinner. They also love store-bought dinner rolls, which are "buns" around here. You could make some.
5. Bun Warmers - blankets, throws, fleece. These could be folded and organized today, if you want.
6. Bunny Buns - We call rabbits "buns" at our house. Pat a rabbit if you see one.
7. Bun-In-The-Oven - An endearing term for a baby-to-be. You might have one of these baking right now...and if so, you might just do something nice for yourself (and baby.)
8. Bun pans - OK, maybe they are baking pans...but buns are made on them, right? Why not organize your bun pans??
9. Bun Resters - also known as "chairs." Straighten the pillows and cushions before you set yours down on one.
10. Bun Holders - Undies, panties, U-trouse, tighty-whities....wash a load of these, tidy up a drawer, purchase some new bun holders, or treat your buns to the pretty ones you never wear.
11. Baby Buns - these are the best kind, usually found wrapped in diapers. Unwrap the buns, admire the rolls, slather on some lotion, give a pinch, and rewrap. Golly, that's good stuff.
What kind of fun will YOU find with buns today? I've given you a good start...now let's see where it takes you. Keep those ideas coming....
POINTS: 40 for doing ONE thing with buns.
BONUS POINTS: 20 for each "extra" bun action you take today - limit 5 extras (You could earn 140 points!)
Do we want to know what you're doing? You bet your sweet buns we do. Let us know in the comments.
Song of the Day: Hot Cross Buns