Are you ready for the holidays?
Me, neither. Not yet, anyway.
But with a little head start, we'll be on our way...with a festive spirit!
Even though Thanksgiving is only a few days away, there are things we can do now to insure that the day will be a peaceful celebration, instead of a frantic rush at the last minute.
Today's Small Thing do one thing ahead of time. Start by making a checklist of things to pack, things to purchase, and/or things to bake so you won't be running around like a headless chicken.
- Check your pantry supply for baking items. I'm out of shortening and low on flour.
- Purchase "extra" things like butter, eggs and milk for the extra pie or dessert you forgot to make.
- Wash sheets and towels so they are ready to go before company arrives.
- Wash sheets and towels so you have something clean to come home to from your trip.
- Bake and store what you can, if you can keep from eating goodies ahead of time.
- Clear out space in your freezer for leftovers.
- Purchase storage containers so they are ready for duty after the Big Meal.
- Assess tablecloth/centerpiece/serving dish situations: do you have what you need? Last year, I realized I didn't have enough glasses because I counted them up beforehand.
- Polish silverware (or buy plastic ware)
- Start a Christmas Planner
Ticking even one item off your list will help you relax and enjoy the next few weeks. I want to be joyful and grateful, in spite of our tight budget and time constraints, and being proactive will get me going in the right direction.
POINTS: 60 for giving yourself a head start by DOING one thing that you're tempted to procrastinate
Share your ideas! What can you do NOW that will make a difference later?