- Do you find yourself running errands almost every single day? Plan just one or two errand days and combine your jaunts to make fewer trips.
Side note: When my kids were younger, I found that I needed at least 2 days a week that I did not go anywhere in order to get things done. I realized that I was running errands out of sheer boredom (and lack of planning), and a "quick trip" to the store would eat up most of a day. No wonder I was bogged down!
- Maybe you could chop vegetables for tonight's meal AND tomorrow's meal. Great combo.
- Make scouring your sink part of finishing up dishes. Really, it takes less than a minute.
- Do you exercise by taking walks? I don't, but if I did, I would download a book, scripture or sermon onto my ipod to combine improving my health with getting smarter.
- Teach your children to combine playing with picking up. This is the best kind of spork EVER.