I think it would be safe to say that we all have personal rules that we live by. Surely it's not just ME. I'm not talking about moral rules, like "Do not kill." I'm talking about the silly policies we impose on ourselves, like "Never eat anything you can't identify," or "Don't step on sidewalk cracks." For some reason, I started mentally listing the quirky rules I follow and got curious about other people's personal rules. Hey, why not start a meme? So, I am tagging:Katherine, Lauren, Kitty, Chris and Chrystal. If anyone else wants to play along, please do! Be sure and let me know when you've posted your own rules so I won't feel alone in my principles.
My Personal Policies:
1. Eat all portions of food evenly, so that you never have too much of anything left at the end.
2. If one fingernail breaks, you have to cut all the rest so they are even.
3. Never wear yellow.
4. Never wear flip-flops to church.
5. Always wear lipstick.
6. Follow this order: Left sock, right sock. Left shoe, right shoe.
7. Always cut sandwiches diagonally.
8. Never use any else's toothbrush.
9. Never let your bra straps show. Or any undergarment for that matter. Sports bras are questionable.
10. Never go to bed with a sweaty man. Make him take a shower before crawling in.
As an added bonus, I will include 5 parenting policies I USED to think I would follow before I actually became a parent: (feel free to add yours, too!)
1. Never let your kid throw a tantrum in public. (Ha!)
2. Never let your kid out the door in clothes that don't fit, don't match, or have holes in them. And certainly not in wrinkled clothing!
3. Never give in to whining.
4. Never let your kids have soda and candy at the same time.
5. Don't go out in public with spit-up on your clothes.Have fun!!