It's Monday, ya'll, and I'm in the mood for mixin' thangs UP!
I just can't take another Monday that feels so.....blech. I hate waking up to thinking about all the things I didn't finish over the weekend (the yard work) and what I didn't get get a jump on to get a new week off to a good start.
Let's forget all that and just work with what we got. And since what we got ain't perfect, we ain't gonna expect perfect results today.
Today's Small Thing is to mix things up. Pull a change-up, a fast one, a didn't-see-that-coming feat that will give sparkle and pixie dust to your day. Here are some examples of what I mean:
- Add chocolate chips to your banana bread.
- Eat dessert first.
- Wear the sparkly earrings.
- Take the fancy soap out of the package and actually use it.
- Watch a movie in the afternoon (or on your lunch break.)
- Give your husband a surprise - the kind he REALLY likes.
- Pick your kids up from school and head straight for an ice cream cone.
- Try a new ingredient in your ho-hum dinner.
- Put some flowers on the table.
- Watch the sunset.
The point is, today is a day that is just crying out for some magic. Instead of waiting for that magic to just "happen" to you, MAKE it happen by mixing things up. I'm always amazed at how a little change of schedule, or a slight adjustment to "normal" puts a spring in my step and a smile on my face. And I've noticed that it's contageous....when I'm delighted by something as simple as a fancy soap, my attitude spreads to the rest of the family.
How can you mix things up today? How can you add some sparkle to your Monday? Just ask yourself: WHY NOT??
PS I'm praying for our east coast Company Girls today as Hurricane Sandy arrives! Be safe!
Song of the Day:Twist and Shout, the Isley Brothers