The other day, I made a cute chalkboard out of an ugly, outdated wall print.
I like it so much that I moved it to the kitchen to display a memory verse:
Even though this was a super easy makeover that I (actually) finished, many makeover projects are even easier than this. It's just that I forget to see those projects as "makeovers." If I did, they'd take on a whole new excitement!
Today's Small Thing is to perform makeover magic of your own. No paint required. All you need is a "before" and "after" to enjoy the results. Examples:
- Before: messy living room
- After: clean living room
- Before: sink full of dirty dishes
- After: sparkling sink, dishes put away
- Before: unmade bed
- After: bed neatly made, including the cute pillows
- Before: toys all over floor
- After: toys in baskets, shelves or closet
- Before: haggard and smelly
- After: showered, clean and make up on
See, makeovers aren't just for lucky people on HGTV! You can create your own makeover magic without spending one dime.
What kind of makeover can you do today? Can you get your kids to do a makeover by letting them take "before" and "after" photos of say, their rooms? (Tricky, huh?)
Let's make this fun:
POINTS 30 per makeover, up to 8 - that's 240 points possible. Why not get the kids to help you earn your points! (This would make a great blog post for tomorrow's CG Coffee!)
Share your makeover ideas!
Song of the Day: Extreme Makeover Home Edition